Affiliate marketing is a wonderful way to earn money from home. It has many good points that make it great but on the realistic side, there are some negative aspects to keep in consideration. Not everything people are telling you could be true. I do not mean to discourage anybody.
1. Some merchants are not stable and may not keep their promises. Or they may delay the commission longer than normal. So it is important to consider only programs that carry good reputation.
2. Some merchants might exaggerate to pay heavy commissions, just to have more and more traffic to their websites and no benefits to the affiliates.
3. Online hackers may steal the affiliates’ account and get the money paid to them. In this case, it is advisable to use strong passwords and try other possible security measures available.
4. The merchants may close their business at any point without prior informing the affiliates and not paying their commission.
5. An affiliate does not have any direct control over the policies and plans of the affiliate program.
6. As these programs are free to join. Many people over the globe work with such programs. An affiliate competes with the SEO masters and people with information technology background.
7. Majority of such programs pay per finalized sale. So, even if there is a large traffic going through a publisher’s website, still there could be no reward. But this is not true with all the affiliate programs as some of them pay for the traffic they receive from publisher’s website.
8.Affiliate programs work as middle men among merchants and web publishers. They charge a big share, both from merchants and affiliates.
Not every play ground is for everybody. Try to narrow down your niche and master over it. Some people are good with fashion, some with art and others with fiction or nonfiction etc.
Having considered all the pros and cons of the affiliate marketing programs, what remains is the hard work and dedication. If publishers keep their websites up-to-date and attract more and more unique visitors; They will earn money anyways. Money keeps coming in and both merchants and publishers win at their place. so lets see if it works. I have a plan to keep writing more, if this article helps you, expect more write ups from my side. Looking forward to hear from you on this article.