This is a question I get asked all the time; how do I earn money? Well, apart from the obvious and going out and getting a job there are many other ways to earn money.
First of all you need to provide something of value to someone else. This could be a product or service. If you are working for someone else then you are providing them with a service.
You can of course work for yourself and cut out the middle man. If you are asking “how do I earn money?” then you will probably want something that you can do from home. This has never been easier now that we have this thing called the internet. The internet has opened countless doors for people like you and me looking to make a living from home. It has never been so easy and cheap to get your product or service out there to millions of people.
There are a lot of scams out there which you need to watch out for. We have all seen these get rich quick schemes where they claim that all you need to do is press a few buttons or download some special software that will make you a load of money on autopilot. If these systems really did work then they would keep it to themselves and not tell the world about it for a few pounds or dollars. That’s how they make their money and you lose yours.
So how do I earn money then?
OK, there are a bunch of things you can do to make money from home. Below are a few things I have tried that have made me a decent living from home.
– Blogging. A blog is a website which is frequently updated with new content. New posts are shown at the top of the page. What you will basically need to do is make your blog based around a certain topic. This is called a niche. You can then sell your own products or services or someone else’s. The easiest way to do this is to sign up to affiliate programs. These companies will give you links and banners that you can put on your website to advertise their product or service. If someone buys it then you get a cut. Sometimes this can be as high as 75% in your pocket for digital products such as eBooks. Most large companies now offer affiliate programs so you have many to choose from to fit your chosen niche. It has never been so easy to build a website or blog. There are many platforms out there that you can use such as word press. If you can use a word processor then you can build a website it’s as easy as that.
– Selling products. Here you can make your own product or sell someone else’s. There are a load of wholesalers out there where you can get cheap products to sell on at a profit. The easiest place to start selling products is on eBay but to maximise your earnings you can build your own internet shop. This is very easy these days with various website builders out there to help you build your site. Gone are the days where you need to pay 1000’s to get your website professionally built.
– Stock Photography. If you are handy with a camera then this could be a great way to make some money. All you need to do is upload your photos onto stock websites. People pay to download these photos and every time they do you get a cut, which is usually around 50%. You get around $2 to $35 for every photo downloaded. Some photos get downloaded 1000’s of times so there is some great potential here.
– eBooks. If you have a reasonable writing ability then you can create an eBook. The easiest eBooks to write are “how to” types of books and these are very popular too. Basically you need to find a niche, write a book on the topic and upload it to places like Amazon Kindle. Every time someone downloads your book it’s money in the bank.
– Online surveys. These can be a bit lame but are probably the quickest way to make some cash. There are a load of websites out there that will pay you to take surveys. You won’t get rich from these. You probably won’t even make enough so you can quit your job but you could have cash in your bank today. This is a good one if you are first starting out making money online to get you into the swing of things.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.